How To Clean An Electric Shaver-The Ultimate Guide?
Most people neglect the cleaning their electric shavers since they assume they are built to last. This is usually not the case but you’ve to conscious about how to clean electric shaver. To get the most out of your shaver you need constantly give it a thorough cleaning.
The first and basic cleaning method is by just shaking off the hairs after every shave. The accumulation of hairs in the head and between the foil can reduce the lifespan and effectiveness of your electric shaver.
You can remove the shaving head and gently tap the shaver to shake off the loose hairs from the foil. For the shaving head you can use a brush to remove the hairs. The brush should be thin and small so that it can get in between the spikes.
How to Clean an Electric Shaver with Alcohol
Electric shavers usually have a screen with holes that allow hair follicles to reach the cutting head. With time, this screen accumulates small strands of hair and some skin cells.
These materials act as food for bacteria that could cause infection. Alcohol helps to sanitize the blades and the screen to kill any micro-organisms that reside in the electrical shaver. Here is how to go about it.
- First you remove the foil and take care of all the loose debris.
- Now you hold the shaver over the sink and pour alcohol over it letting it drain into the sink.
- For the foils pour alcohol over them and using your hand or a soft cloth, gently rub it to avoid damage.
- Lastly, the shaving head. You just run alcohol through it and use the cleaning brush to get to all the tight spaces.
- Once you are done, rinse out the parts with water and let them air dry.
How To Clean an Electric Shaver with Vinegar
Vinegar also helps disinfect your entire shaver. It is readily available in our homes and highly efficient.
- To get started, you mix water and white vinegar in equal parts. The mixture should be deep enough to allow your entire electric shaver to be soaked in it (As long as your shaver is water proof).
- You can now separate the parts and dip them in the mixture.
- Let them soak for about ten minutes and then start rubbing the parts gently with a brush for the spikes and a cloth for the foil.
- Once done, you can soak the entire shaver in hot water to rinse it.
- Now that you are done you may wipe the shaver and leave it in the sun to dry.
This technique should be done at least monthly since it allows you to clean the entire shaver without damaging the moving parts preventing buildup of mold and rust inside the shaver.
How To Clean Norelco 9000 Shaver
The Philips Norelco shaver is a rotary type shaver with three rotating blades. Philips has done their best to ensure cleaning it is as easy as can be. These are the steps to follow when cleaning your Norelco 9000 electric shaver or check 7100 review.
- To open up the head you press a button on the side which exposes the three rotating blades. We need to take all these blades apart before cleaning.
- The blades are held in place by an easily removable plastic part. Just unscrew with your fingers and remove it.
3. The three foils are then easily popped out. Each foil has a blade inside it which is separated from the foil before cleaning.
4. Once you have all your parts you start scrubbing each with the complementary cleaning brush that comes with the Norelco shaver. You can dip it in water since it isn’t affected.
5. Rub all the blades vigorously with the brush until they are completely clean. You can use soap and then rinse the parts in clear water.
6. For the foil, be less aggressive so as to avoid damaging it.
7. You can now add lubricant to the blades and the metal guards. This also makes your shaver last longer.
8. Once you are done with the blades and foils, clean the part that holds them together and the shaver itself with the brush.
How To Clean Your Remington Electric Shaver
For the rotary type Remington electric shaver, the procedure is more or less the same as the Norelco shaver. The only difference is that you should not dip the entire shaver in water. For more details you can check full reviews of Remington PG6025 or Remington PG6250 In the case of linear shavers;
- You first remove the foil carrier according to the product description. In most cases you just gently pull the carrier off.
- Clean the foil carrier with a brush and rinse it in water.
- Now go back to the shaver and remove the cutters by gently pulling them out.
- Clean them with the brush and rinse in water.
- Take what is remaining of the electric shaver and remove hair and debris by rubbing with the brush.
- Next you rinse the head with water but do not submerge the entire shaver in water.
- Let the shaver air dry and that’s it. You have your clean Remington electric shaver.
- Once dry you can decide to add lubricant to the blades and inside the foil. Let it run a little to distribute the lubricant and then you’re done.
Final Thought about How to Clean Electric Shaver
Cleaning and maintenance is very crucial for any products and there is no questions about it when it is a shaver. In addition, it is more applicable for electric shaver and the importance is how to do it.